Director Comey of the FBI made a riveting live announcement regarding Hillary Clinton’s use of her private server to send and receive E-mails. The announcement was a mixed bag and whatever your perspective on the case there is something to latch onto.
The good news for Hillary:
- There will be no recommendation for criminal prosecution and the Justice Department has already said they will accept the opinion of the career prosecutors.
- There was no intentional misuse of classified material
- There was no evidence of “bad actors” hacking her system
- There was no evidence of any coverup by her, her staff, her lawyers or the State Dept.
- The FBI’s explanation of the investigation and the results make the claim of a “rigged system” hard to give weight to. It was certainly thorough and comprehensive.
The bad news for Hillary:
- She did despite previous claims send information that was classified at the time
- While there will be no criminal prosecution, the issue will not die and those who believe everything she does is criminal will come away feeling no different.
- Haters still gonna hate
The bottom line is that people will still believe what they want to believe. For example, there are people that recite the Trump label of “Dishonest Hillary”. Have they ever listened to Donald Trump speak? Any and every speech is full of proven lies and misstatements. I confess to having no idea which way Director Comey was going with his announcement and was pondering what exactly would happen if she were to be indicted? So now back to politics as usual. We will see!