Donald Trump asked African-American’s in his stump speech, “What do you have to lose?” He asked it rhetorically, not looking for or expecting an answer. I would like to take a moment and respond to the President-Elect.
- Safety: Your answer to the unnecessary deaths of Black men, women and children at the hands of the police and the resulting protests is to further increase police presence. We can rely on your Justice Department to look the other way and blindly support the police every time. You’ll be the “Law & Order” President advocating Stop & Frisk and increased police presence which doesn’t make us safer but increased contact with those who can kill us at will. You’ll rush to judgment as you did in the Central Park Five situation and never admit when you’re wrong like you refuse to in that case now. You are a danger to my children my grandchildren and myself.
- Voting Rights: You’ve made clear that you support voter suppression as you clearly advocated during your campaign. Rights eroded when the Voter Rights Act was gutted by the Supreme Court will never be restored under a Trump Presidency. New laws like those constantly proposed by North Carolina, Texas, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio and others will go unnoticed and unchecked. You will protect white voters by allowing redistricting and gerrymandering. You’ll allow special poll watchers in certain neighborhoods and cities and we know which ones they are.
- You’ll provide a safe haven to the Alt-Right which has now planted their flag in the Oval Office. The President of the United States will push conspiracy theories and make offensive comments about African-Americans, Muslims and others that don’t look like you. Neo-Nazi’s, skinheads, White Nationalists have been emboldened by your active recruitment to your base and naked appeal to their racism. Deplorable is welcome in your America; they are your people.
- The Federal government will now look the other way at the types of Housing Discrimination you and your father personally advocated and participated in. You cannot be counted on to protect us from the very policies you both understand and implement in your own background.
- Our women, and all women will be relegated to sex objects by the most visible leader in the nation. They will be but parts to be rated, groped and subjects of your “locker room talk.” Your misogyny will serve as a negative role model. What response is there to, “Well the President does it!” You are a poor role model unlike your predecessor which you won’t notice because you surround yourself with the same; Newt, Rudy et.al. Frankly you’re a disgrace who will have to be explained to children. The good news is you’ll be an example of what not to act like.
- You’ll make the country less safe. Your arrogance, pride and recklessness make you a danger to all America of which Black America is a subset. You’ll disrupt NATO, throw away global alliances and who knows what alleged insult will cause you to respond with acts of war? You exhibit the traits of an unruly child… with nuclear weapons.
- Faith in government: You will put your cronies in positions of power. Rudy Giuliani as Attorney General, Newt Gingrich as Secretary of State. Chris Christie (should he stay out of jail) and Ben Carson (who you said was a child predator) fill find places. Omarosa… Your promise to hire “the best people” is offset by the White Nationalist who was the CEO of your campaign and one of two you singled out in your acceptance speech.
- You will further divide America. You’ll set one minority against another to fight for the crumbs left over from the White First table. When you say “America First” you mean White First.” When you say “Make America Great Again” we know you mean White. When you say, “You Know What I Mean!” Unfortunately, we do.
This is just the beginning of the list of what we have to lose. Not based on what we imagine but derived from your words and actions. I haven’t even gotten into you taking Healthcare away from 20 Million people to be allegedly replaced with one of your secret plans. Your selections to the Supreme Court will eliminate Federal Protections, Voter Rights, and the Right to Choose. You’ll support unlimited access to guns with no reasonable limitations and background checks. You’ll advocate Stand Your Ground.” Consumer protections will be all but eliminated, the big banks and your foreign backers will take precedent over the American people. We see you Donald Trump. You are a danger to Black America, All-America and the World. Everything! That’s what we have to lose.
Featured Photo: Cnn.com