Enough! No more wallowing, pointing fingers and complaining about what a Trump Presidency means. We still have input into what happens the next four years. It’s time to move forward. Take concrete steps to deal with all things Trump. Over the next couple weeks I’ll outline several steps we must take for your own sake. That of your children and family. That of the nation.
Step 1. Draw The Line: Trump brazenly appealed to White Nationalists, Neo-Nazi’s, Skinheads and others during his campaign. Now he is installing them in the White House. We must not allow White Nationalists like Steve Bannon, just named the Chief Strategist to the President, in the White House. He’ll have an office in the West Wing, and always have Trump’s ear. It is not acceptable for Bannon or any staffers of like persuasion to be part of the White House staff. This can only stand if we accept it. We don’t!
We cannot allow Trump to brush aside our concerns about those with clear racist views on his team. Trump was clear about his plan to, “Make America Great Again” and winked to his followers that, “you know what I mean.” We must be equally clear in our opposition and making him understand this will never go away until he drains his own swamp.
Republican elected officials have said basically nothing about Bannon’s appointment, preferring the issue fade away. We must put them on the record as to why they are supporting White Nationalists in the White House. They must answer that question daily. We must make clear that if they stand with White Nationalists or even accept them within their Party. They lose forever any claim of being the Party of Lincoln. They become the Party of the Klan. The party of White Nationalists and Anti-Semites. The Party of Hate! They, along with President Trump and America itself will be tainted with the brush of racism and intolerance. America deserves better.
The media has become complicit in the normalization of White Supremacy. They generally ignored Trumps racism despite several examples throughout not only the campaign but his career. The media doesn’t deal with racism well, no matter how clear the example. When they let Trump’s surrogates come on their air and defend Bannon’s and Trump’s racist beliefs and go unchecked. They are part of the problem. The media depends on ratings and advertisers. When they allow racism to become normal, they must pay a price.
Democrat elected officials cannot be allowed to become shrinking violets. They must take public and vocal stands to denounce this and refuse to deal with the Administration in any way until Trump cleans house. We know Trump never admits wrong or apologizes unless his back is against the wall. Time to put his back against the wall.
What can you do?
- Go to https://www.greatagain.gov/ and ask why important positions including the Chief Strategist to the President are being filled by a White Nationalists.
- Call your Congressman and Senator and ask if they’ve expressed their opposition to White supremacists gaining a foothold in the White House.
- When you observe any media outlets (including Fox News) purporting Bannon and his ilk to be acceptable. Contact them about their coverage normalizing White Nationalists and Anti-Semitism.
- Tweet! Donald Trump loves tweets. Be the biggest Troll you can be and let no positive Trump message go unchallenged. Ask about the presence of White Nationalists and how he could represent “all America.”
- Follow the Money! Find the corporations and Individuals funding the Trump Campaign and boycott them. Boycott the financial supporters of the Republican Party if White supremacists are associated with the White House Staff. They supported the Trump campaign when a White Nationalist was the CEO of his Campaign. They are not without guilt. Pressure them to pressure him to remove all those with ties to the Alt-Right. Squeeze them until they respond. Don’t let up.
I’m not suggesting this just for Democrats but also for Independents and Republicans. America will be better off when the staff reflects and appreciates all Americans. Not just the White ones. This is one case where if you are not against White Nationalists in the White House… you are for them.
Next: Step 2