The list of who’s not leaking in this White House would be a lot shorter. Ben Carson… that’s it. He’s the only one not leaking because he last had a clue when he was wearing a surgical mask. Everybody else is leaking and their motivations are varied. A few are trying to expose hypocrisy and lies. Others are diverting attention from themselves and their own complicity. Some are trying to create chaos in their attempt to start a new world order. Here’s the guide to the major leakers and what’s driving them.
- Jared Kushner and his lawyers: Jared started leaking early in the campaign because of his hatred for Chris Christie. As a US Attorney; Christie send Kushner’s daddy to jail for a variety of charges. He exposed the sordid tale where Charles Kushner tried to discredit his brother-in-law by setting him up with a hooker and sending proof to his own sister. Both were providing evidence against him along with suing him. Young Jared trekked up to see his pops in prison on the regular, carrying a grudge against the man that put him there. When Christie ingratiated himself to The Donald during the campaign, on the verge of being announced as Attorney General… Kushner had to act. His campaign of leaks proved so successful, he began using the technique on his next most formidable foe, Steve Bannon. Kushner had no use for the Jew-hating, White Nationalist Bannon who was becoming the Trump Whisperer and having a bit too much say in official policy. After getting Bannon banished to the outer circles, Kushner is now mostly focused on deflecting from his own participation in Russia collusion and his murky finances.
- Ivanka Trump: Ivanka is all about brand and she was the first to see she was on the Titanic and the iceberg was straight ahead. Her leaks were all in an attempt to make herself look good so that she would be untarnished after climbing out of the rubble. She wants to be perceived as the patron saint for paid maternity care, equal pay for women and a reasonable immigration policy. She doesn’t want to be seen as someone who exploits foreign workers in horrific conditions for minimal pay. She thinks she doesn’t need to have any actual influence with her father, she just needs to be seen trying.
- Donald Trump, Jr: Donnie doesn’t have real relationships with people to leak to so he relies on his tweets to communicate. He inadvertently reveals way more than the White House would like known about its White Supremacist tendencies when he passes along racist and Neo-Nazi memes. Not much of a one for original thought, he repeats what he’s heard from the right wing blogs he lives on making him as incoherent as the blogs themselves. Donnie wants to be a major player. With his sense of entitlement and superiority, he’ll likely be somebody’s bitch by day two in jail.
- Sean Spicer: Nobody would suspect Sean of leaking based on his ineptitude in delivering the actual news of the day from the White House perspective. He became a sad and bitter man after being forced to utter ridiculous explanations for Trump’s actions. After attempting the impossible, he’d then be berated by his ungrateful boss for his clothing, poorly received explanations and excessive perspiration. Even his manliness was questioned after the Saturday Night Live parody’s which like everything else was beyond his control. And then his underling Sarah Huckabee Sanders was gunning for his job. That’s when his leaks and the big payback began.
- Steve Bannon: Bannon had the purest motive as all as these things go. Donald Trump had made promises; a man’s word was supposed to be his bond! Trump had acted all along as if he shared Bannon’s Alt-Right, White Supremacist policies and he turned out to be just another cuck. Bannon began his campaign to bring it all down. He would still deconstruct America, just in a different way. All the while fostering discontent and subtly criticizing all around Donald leaving Trump a man alone… with his tweeter.
- President Trump: Don’t forget this is a man who once masqueraded as a publicist to brag about himself. He used his close ties to The National Enquirer and a couple other rags to plant stories about his own greatness. He even threatened Joe Scarborough with an Enquirer story if he didn’t play ball. He also is engaged in a quid pro quo with Fox & Friends in return for constantly glowing coverage.
- Vladimir Putin: Putin has decided to turn the fact his ownership of Trump is becoming exposed to an advantage. Once it became clear he wouldn’t be able to use Trump to remove sanctions and return assets. He started leaking to bring down the current President and embarrass the United States internationally. Whenever there was a stall in the investigations, Putin provided a new thread for reporters to chase and further amp up the pressure.
- Mike Pence: Mike wasn’t content to wait the two to three years it would take Trump to get impeached so he’s helping move things along. All the while reminding us how innocent he was, except for the little thing of ignoring letters from Congress about being on foreign payrolls when Pence was the head of the Transition. Not wanting to be President after Trump loses the House and Senate in the mid-terms. It’s gotta be now!
- Lawyers for Flynn, Sessions, Page, Wilbur Ross, and a dozen others: Each in the service of their client has cause to leak and point fingers at everyone else.
The one innocent man Ben Carson, will walk away singing a Quaker hymn he never learned in the inner city. The truth of the lyrics will escape him while their accuracy is profound. “Tis the gift to be simple… Tis the gift to be free.”