Trump’s Day In Review (2/23/2017)

“58% of people report being ’embarrassed’ by Donald Trump. The other 42% were too embarrassed to admit it.”

Donald Trump

4.5 struggling to control the news cycle as potential scandals unfold all around him.

trumppp

Photo: businessinsider.com

  1. Reince Priebus violates rules by attempting to influence an ongoing FBI investigation. He contacted both the Assistant Director of the FBI and Director James Comey to try to get them to refute claims that Trump officials had multiple contacts with Russian Intelligence officials during the campaign. Comey refused!
  2. Scott Pruitt, just confirmed as EPA Director had thousands of E-mails come out showing his ties to big oil including copying and pasting industry provided propaganda and sending it out on State letterhead. The State of Oklahoma will be releasing other information about Pruitt’s role in a botched execution in 2015 that he’s lied about since.
  3. Steve Bannon confirms “Nationalism” is the guiding force behind the Trump administration while at CPAC. He didn’t say White but it was implied. Officials there threw out White Nationalist Richard Spencer yet allowed Steve Bannon to speak with Donald Trump scheduled later in the week.
  4. Information comes out that Donald Trump didn’t personally oversee his first authorized raid which resulted in the tragic death of a Navy Seal and several children. He was instead tweeting about an upcoming television appearance.
  5. Jeff Sessions reverses Obama Administration policy to phase out Federal Prisons. Instead plans to gear up to accommodate holding people being processed for deportation.
  6. Mexican officials meet with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. On camera afterward, they insult the Trump immigration plan. Tillerson offers no defense.
  7. After finally reading the 25th Amendment (He’d never previously gotten past the 2nd). Trump realizes Mike Pence can quickly remove him from office by declaring he can “no longer perform the duties of office.” Starts planning an unfortunate accident for Pence… not realizing any replacement will have the same power.
  8. 58% of people report being “embarrassed” by Donald Trump. The other 42% were too embarrassed to admit it.

Featured Photo: trumpfollow.com

Author: enigmainblackcom

William Spivey is a regular contributor to the Inner-City News where he writes about politics and popular culture. He also blogs as “Enigma in Black” where he explores poetry, religion, politics and all manner of things socially relevant. He is also a contributing Blogger at Together We Stand He is the founder of the Facebook pages Average Citizen Forum, Enigma in Black, and “Strong Beginnings,” the title of his soon to be released Political Fiction/Romance novel. William was the winner of a University-wide Essay Contest while at Fisk University titled, “The Value of a Liberal Arts Education. He holds a B.A. in Economics from Fisk and resides in Orlando, FL. His goal is to make his voice heard and make a difference.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s